Unfortunately I’ve no workshops scheduled at the moment.
But sign up to the mailing list below to be the first to find out about the new dates!
I’m super excited to offer another workshop this year! Come join us in York for a day of learning, shooting and sharing.
In the last 4 years I have documented nearly 200 weddings all over the world, won numerous awards, and built a business that not only works for me, but is one I love to run. I shoot weddings across the UK and overseas (about 1/4 of my bookings are destination weddings) and this year was the winner of TWIA Best Wedding Photographer in England. I was also chosen as one of Rangefinder magazine’s Rising Stars of Wedding photography in the World and selected for JuneBug’s international Best of the best Wedding Photographers list.
This is a relaxed and fun, full day workshop led by me (obviously!) and where I share everything I have learnt and know (as well as the things I got wrong!) about wedding photography and how I do what I do. But really it isn’t about me at all. It’s about YOU. And about you Bringing It All Back Home to your own photography and business – Arming you with the mindset, the skills, new ideas and a fresh perspective to take things to the next level!
What some previous attendees have to say:
“I was lucky enough to win a mentoring scholarship with Andy at the start of the year through the 20 Collective, and without question it was one of the most insightful, uplifting and inspiring courses I’ve ever attended! Andy gave me honest practical advice that helped push my own business into the stratosphere! He doesn’t hold back and nothing is off limits. The day was fun, very relaxed and packed full of advice and tips from staying creative, looking for good light, working with the un-expected, post-production (and much *much* more). If you’re looking to take things to the next level this is the best investment imaginable!” – Aaron Storry
“There is something in your approach and who you are that has really knocked me over and I know from witnessing how you work and how you treat people, has changed me and what I do from now on for the better. Honestly, I didn’t expect to come away with something of so much value. You’ve taught me so much, even at the points where you probably didn’t even realise you were teaching. I’m so grateful for that experience.” – Emmie Scott
Over the day I go through my full creative and business processes – Some of the topics we cover:
- How I shoot, use light, composition to make the images I do.
- Staying creative for the whole day and bringing the awesome to every part of your wedding photography – whatever the weather or venue.
- Mindset, Ethos & Approach – arguably the most important facet of everything we do. How to stay creative, fresh and excited about your work, your clients, your business and your life! I’ll take you through my holistic approach to my photography and how you can tie the different areas of your work and business together into one cohesive brand.
- Moments and storytelling – how to shoot creative, powerful documentary work. From prep’ through to party – How I work, and tools, techniques and skills you can use that best capture and show the story of a wedding day.
- Workflow & Editing – from card to client :: post processing tips and tricks – how i get the look I want and how to spend less time staring at a computer screen
- Live Shoot – making awesome portraits in any location, in any light and with no time – including working with couples and (anti)posing!
- Business, Marketing & branding – what has worked for me and what hasn’t. How to make your business work for you – not the other way round. Attracting the clients you want and booking the weddings you’d like. I’ll also take you through the timesaving software and processes I‘ve developed to make things super quick and hassle (and admin!) free. I will also be happy to offer portfolio critiques to those interested.
- *Free bonus evening class* – Eating and drinking with new friends, Bob Dylan, Sambuca, Rock’n’Roll and Partying… Afterwards we’ll head out for some drinks and food and continue the conversation. 🙂
Who is it for: Wedding photographers – both aspiring, established and anywhere in-between. Looking either to kickstart a career or for some inspiration to recharge those creative batteries! A good working knowledge of your camera and some experience of Adobe Lightroom will be useful.
To register your interest simply fill in this form – as soon as dates are released you’ll be notified.